Project AIM® (Audience, Information, Method)
Care must be taken to identify the AIM of the Web Site project.
- Who is the target Audience?
- What Information do they need?
- What Method will work to bring audience and information together?
Pre-Planning, Planning Issues:
- How will you judge success of the Web site?
- How will the Web site interweave with your current business plan & marketing strategy?
Web Site Planning Issues:
- Can you list the main areas of information you need to cover?
- What is the call to action? What do you want the viewer to do?
- Do you want viewer interaction and on what level?
- Will the entire site be public or will there be special or members content?
- How often will it be updated?
- As needed
Look and Feel Issues:
Do you want to:
- Create a template that gives the same look and feel for each page in the site?
- Make each page in site unique?
- Create a splash page for front page?
- Leave room for ads?
- Have a way to receive feedback? (Forms or email)
- Will there be online transactions?
- Will products be catalogued?
- Will services be offered?
- Will customers need to contact a real person?
- What is the action you want the viewer to take?
- Where is your content coming from?
- Do you intend to create words and images?
- Do you intend to create words only?
- Do you intend to create images only?
- Do you already have images and words you wish to publish on the Web?
Web Awareness Issues:
- Have you researched the number and type of businesses like yours on the Web?
- Have you researched the number of related businesses on the Web?
- Do you have favorite sites?
- What do you look for in a Web site?
- What is your plan for publicizing your Web site?
- Who will you trade links with?
- Will you include the Web site URL on all business documents?
- Will you buy ads in Web media?
- Will you buy ads in print media?